Friday, December 30, 2011

Decorating Our Christmas Tree 2011

This year we were quite late decorating our place for Christmas...Nathan and I usually decorate the day after Halloween...Yes we are very early but we don't care because we love Christmas time and we also love the feeling of Christmas in our home.  This year however was different because we had a number of renovations around our house that we were trying to finish before baby number two arrived...I am due Jan 4th!  On top of this working full time and caring for a little munchkin (aka Ethan) did not spare too much time to decorate this year.
So on December 4th we got it done! Thank goodness...I would have been sad if we didn't get a tree up!  My plan this year was to get a real tree...pick it out on a snowy day...cut it down and go for a hot chocolate but that didn't happen.  Number one we didn't have snow, number two we really didn't have the time and number three Nathan did not seem to understand this great traditional idea...He thought putting up the fake tree was just as good! (Not even close)  He even used the excuse that it was his families fake tree and wanted to keep the tradition.  Oh boy...I love how sentimental he can act just to get his way. Can you tell I am hormonal!

Anyhow Ethan just loved the Christmas tree...He loved the lights and pulling off the decorations...Yes our tree was very top heavy...Everyday I was finding decorations around the house and putting them back on the tree.  In the morning when Ethan woke up the first thing he would do when we got downstairs is grunt and point at the tree telling me in his "Ethan language" to turn on the lights.  I would say "Ethan do you want me to turn the tree lights on" and Ethan would reply "ya".

As I write this blog it is Dec 30th and we just took the tree down yesterday. This morning when I brought Ethan downstairs he was a little confused...He looked for the tree behind the couch and looked at me with a confused look.  I think Ethan is going to miss all the beautiful Christmas trees and lights...I will too, I do every year!

I can't believe that next year I will have another little munchkin that will be almost one years old helping us to decorate the tree!  Crazy!!

Decorating the tree

Ethan thinks the tree is pretty cool!

Taking a decoration off already!



The Hofstetter's Christmas Tree 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment