It is hard to believe that my sweet Toddy boy is two years old…
Over the past little while I have really noticed a change
in his little body and intellectual development…
For the longest time he “still looked like a baby and sounded like a baby” to me….
It is so strange how one day I can look at my baby and all of a sudden realize he is really big...
Not a baby anymore but a beautiful little toddler.
Not a baby anymore but a beautiful little toddler.
It is so awe inspiring to watch my babies grow and mature…
Sometimes the thought of them growing up can make me sad...
As a part of me wants to always be able to hold my little boy in my arms.
But with another thought I also get excitement
with the wonder of what his developing personality will be like...
with the wonder of what his developing personality will be like...
Todd has a very deep, raspy voice…
He is super opinionated and is not afraid to do what he wants.
He can be a "little stinker"...
but he also has this super cuddly, soft and gentle side to him.
but he also has this super cuddly, soft and gentle side to him.
One minute he can be close to tantrum type behavior for not getting his way
and then the next minute he is kissing me and wanting to cuddle and say cute things.
Both of my boys have been big “mommy boys”
but Todd has taken it to a whole new level…
Some things I want to remember
about Toddy at this age include:
about Toddy at this age include:
Todd loves to breastfeed...
I started to wean him off around 22 months because it hurt...
He was not particularly thrilled about this.
Todd will say “carry you” to indicate he wants me to pick him up.
Todd loves his snuggles at bedtime, nap time and multiple times throughout the day,
He will stay quite attach to me when out and about and experiencing new things and places…
He keeps his eye on me to make sure I am close by...
if I am not he will turn on the "waterfall tears".
He keeps his eye on me to make sure I am close by...
if I am not he will turn on the "waterfall tears".
Toddy's favorite things to say to me are “love you so-so much”, “your awesome”, “I love you”, “bubba soo soo”, “blankies”, “cuddle you”, “sorry” “Mommy”…He always loves to say prayers and will fold his arms and keep quiet during them…He never forgets to say “Amen” at the end.
Toddy has always been able to melt my heart with his hugs and kisses. His hugs include him fully wrapping his little arms around my neck and nuzzling his little head into me…
His kisses include the cutest little pucker of his lips and the classic sound effect …Mmmmmaaaa.
Todd loves his soo soo’s and is happiest when he can carry three to four around at a time…
He likes to alternate them…Sometimes putting two in his mouth at a time.
Toddy never really liked his crib…It took me a little while to figure this out…
Around 18 months we started putting him to sleep in a bed
and since that time have not looked back because he sleeps so much better.
Toddy still sleeps with mommy and secretly I love it…
He is my little furnace.
My favorite time is first thing in the morning when Ethan will join us...
Ethan gets in close on the other side of me and we all snuggle together for a bit
It is the best feeling to have two happy little boys so content in my arms!
Toddy loves choo choos, trucks, helicopters, dinosaurs,
favorite movies include The Polar Express, Monsters and Disney's Dinosaurs,
favorite book is "Where's Spot",
favorite foods include cheese, pickles, fruit and TREATS,
This winter his favorite places to play include...
Kidscape, Adventures on Wonderland and McDonalds playgym.
Loves visits with Grandma and Aunty Shayna...
Often will look out the window in the morning and see if Shayna's car is home.
Toddy loves choo choos, trucks, helicopters, dinosaurs,
favorite movies include The Polar Express, Monsters and Disney's Dinosaurs,
favorite book is "Where's Spot",
favorite foods include cheese, pickles, fruit and TREATS,
This winter his favorite places to play include...
Kidscape, Adventures on Wonderland and McDonalds playgym.
Loves visits with Grandma and Aunty Shayna...
Often will look out the window in the morning and see if Shayna's car is home.
Toddy’s little personality is priceless…
My mom always tells me that he reminds her of me when I was his age…
Apparently it's the deep voice and stubborn personality…
He is quite the stinker…
He still throws his food off his plate or tray when he is done eating.
He will pour fluids out of his cups or Sippy cups on purpose,
will spout a fountain of fluid out of his mouth when drinking...
Followed by him laughing and giving that mischievous smile of his...
He is notorious for peeing or pooping on the floor if a diaper is not on...
(this usually happens after bath time or hot tub),
he bites the top off markers,
eats play dough,
throws and dumps toys out of the toy boxes all over the floor just for the heck of it.
If there is something to climb and get into he will find a way…
Toddy has spilt full milk bags on my living room carpet,
oh and just last week a full bag of cheesy popcorn was tossed over the main level
followed by Toddy jumping on the kernels to make sure they were nice and crushed,
knives have been taken out of drawers,
safety gates have been ripped from the wall due to Todd swinging on them
and having a jolly good time.
Todd likes to jump down stairs – thinking that I am ready to catch him.
He doesn’t like to be held in the hot tub or when I take him swimming
so it is usually a bit of a struggle to keep him safe.
Toddy has thrown some good tantrums also
(I am not use to this as Ethan didn’t ever have tantrums)…
Full on throwing self to the floor, rolling around crying and yelling over the silliest things –
luckily I have only seen this a few times –
I avoid this at all costs because it makes me feel sad.
However even with this “stinker-like” behavior
I wouldn’t change his personality for anything…
Yes does he wear us out some days…Absolutely…
but that is what makes him Todd-Todd...
so I just try to see the humor in it,
try and redirect him,
work on having better patience and when all else fails and I am spent
I can tag team it with my team mate Nate.
Toddy and Ethan have recently started to play together…
One of their favorite games right now is
Toddy chasing Ethan around the house holding a dinosaur making the cutest “roaring sounds”…
The two of them will giggle and laugh away and make a lot of noise…
It is the sweetest sound to my ears and fills our house with a sweet spirit.
Toddy one day you will read these blog posts…
I want you to know how much your dad and I love you.
We always talk about you and how amazing you are.
We feel so blessed to be apart of your life and enjoy being your parents.
I am always evaluating my parenting and thinking about ways we can do better...
I just want to make sure I am doing everything to support you in your early life…
Our goal is to raise you to be loving, confident, secure and happy...
I want you to love yourself and respect yourself and others...
I want you to know your worth and your purpose...
I want you to love and rely on your father in heaven...
Soon my role in your life will change...
You will start being more independent and making your own choices...
I know without a doubt that you will be prepared to do so…
Remember it is OK to make mistakes…You will make lots of them!
Everyone makes mistakes...It is a part of life…
The best thing you can do is recognize your mistakes and trials and learn from them,
grow from them and always forgive…
Forgive others but most importantly yourself.
I hope you will always see what we see in you.
You are a beautiful person both inside and out…
I know that if you live your life in a way that keeps Christ at the center
you will be OK, you will not feel alone and you will have forever happiness.
I pray that you will always feel the love dad and I have for you.
I hope you will one day feel proud of us like we are of you.
I know we will make mistakes…Please forgive us, we are trying our best.
You are amazing in every way and bring so much happiness to our world…
Your dad and I have so many fun things we want to experience with you.
Love you forever, like you for always,
forever and ever my baby you will be!
forever and ever my baby you will be!
Todd in my belly here...You provided Ethan with a nice little perch!
![]() |
| Taken the day Toddy was born |
![]() |
| Cousin Jessica holding brand new baby Todd |
![]() |
| Around a week old - caught a smile already! |
![]() |
| Easter 2013 |






















No comments:
Post a Comment