Friday, December 30, 2011

My Attempt at Getting a Christmas Family Photo

So this year I really wanted to get a holiday family photo of our family...In Late November Nathan gave me an early Christmas present...A Canon SX20 IS camera and expansion drive. He gave it to me on a very hormonal day to cheer me up but also so I could learn how to use it before Christmas and before the baby arrived.  Nathan hit the mark big time with this gift...I love it so much and will get many years of use out of it!  Thanks again honey!

Anyhow back to my story...I really wanted to get a holiday family photo because I wanted to send out those cute picture Christmas Cards...Doing this was much more difficult then I anticipated.  Number one finding time to dress up at the same time was a challenge (between work schedules and such), Number two...finding someone to take our photo, Number three...Ethan!!!! Need I say more...It is hard to get a 1 1/2 year old to actually look at the camera! The best of the bunch are below...Wow is all I have to say...I guess the second one is alright...I like how Ethan looks in it! The only way we could keep him happy was to let him have a cookie...This is what he is holding (haha)!

So no Hofstetter Family Christmas cards for 2011...Maybe next year!  I refuse to pay someone to take our picutre now that I have a nice camera...One day I will learn the secret!

But please know that we really hope all our friends and family had a Merry Christmas and all the best to you in the New Year (haha)!!!

This photo is hilarius...The sun was super bright...But of course I wanted a picture...
Ethan could not look up because I am sure he was scared of being blinded...Nate tried but no eyes...
Somehow I kept my eyes open but it is super forced!  Also it was freezing out...
I believe Nate ran inside right after this photo!!! I almost peed myself and this is when I gave up! 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, Aleccia we are the same person. I force my family to take a family picture for Christmas cards every year and every year it is torture and I say I am never doing it again. And then we do it again every year! That is an awesome present though! I hope you guys had a great Christmas! Miss you! I have to call you before you have that baby!!

    ReplyDelete