Ethan
loves berries...
Every
Sunday my mom has a big glass bowl of berries for dessert
and
Ethan goes to town...I don't know how he fits them all in his little body!
He
devourers them when he gets his hands on them....
So
the idea of taking him to the strawberry patch was genius!
I
was curious to see if he was old enough to get the concept..
I
braved taking him and Todd on my own on a very hot and humid day...
My
plan was to enjoy a tracker ride...Eat some berries
Get
some cute pictures...and watch my little man get all excited
Then
come home for nap time!
Yup
that’s what my vision was but it didn't exactly happen that way.
Me
being "clever" I took my car key off the chain
and
stuck it in my shirt because I didn't want it to fall out of my flimsy pocket.
I
put Todd in the wrap and enjoyed a tracker ride and picking berries...
Ethan
was so excited...He was all smiles on the tracker
And
a field of berries was so crazy to him...
He
couldn't eat enough!
He
kept pointing at the berries yelling "Mom" "Mom"
He
was just covered in red strawberry juice...
I
kept putting them in the basket and he kept eating them...
The
worker was right there and didn't seem to care!
I
even met a really nice family with 3 kids and she asked if she could hold Todd
Her
and her children played with Todd while I attended to Ethan...
I
love friendly people...It was so helpful on such a hot day!
After
we picked for a bit we got on the tracker
to
go pay for our berries and head home...
Once
back at the car I stuck my hand in my shirt to pull the key out
My heart fluttered...It was gone...Yup lost in the strawberry field!
Oh
boy this is when the day took a turn...
After
searching for an hour I gave up
Unfortunately
Nate was on the road working,
I didn't even have a cell phone...
So I borrowed one of the workers phones
and called any numbers I could remember
I
called my parents, Nates dad, my sister and sister in law
No one was home...
I
thought about calling a cab but I couldn’t because I needed car seats
The
nice family who was playing with Todd offered me a ride
But
once again I couldn't accept because no car seats!
So
the boys and I hung out...and hung out and hung out!
We
had shade, water, strawberries and
breastmilk for Todd so
I guess we were just fine...
Ethan kept me on my toes! He is a body full of energy!
Finally
Emma my niece got the message I left at her house...
Her
and my sister in law Karen came and saved us!
I was never so glad to see them..I love you ladies!
So our one hour outing turned into five hours!
And about a half hour after being saved a big storm
came pouring down I would like to add!
Phew
that would have been interesting!
Anyhow
Ethan was so tired by the time we got home.
I
quickly fed him dinner...which he hardly touch
(most likly because he was full of strawberries)
He got a bath, we read
a couple books, had prayers...
During our nightly cuddle in the rocker
He fell asleep..He
was out!
I
love it when my kids fall asleep in my arms!
I
could hardly keep my eyes open so
I
brought Todd on my bed and passed out with him for an hour…
Then
had to get up to finish an assignment…
I was a bit grumpy about this!
Today
I got a call from
Heemans Strawberry Farm
So
funny...they found my key in the patch today!
I
laughed!
So
since I have to drive out to get my key
I guess we will be back picking strawberries
again next week!
| One sweaty, sticky, scrumptious boy! |
Such gorgeous boys...such a gorgeous mama:)!!! I so know that "heart flutter" feeling!!! Brutal!!! Way to make the most of it girl!!!
ReplyDelete