Saturday, January 18, 2014

Graduation

I have finally found a way to download my pictures to my blog without it taking forever so I have a LOT of catch up to do...AND we just finished Christmas and New Years
so lots of current stuff to get up on the blog as well...
 
I am happy to be able to share the pictures below with you
 because in doing so this means I am done my Masters in Nursing...
I actually finished in the summer, with convocation (as per below) taking place Nov 1, 2014.
 
I love school because it is exciting to learn and open more employment options...
I did my Nurse Practitioner at Western about 5 years ago and at this time the program did not include a Masters. Since then the program has changed to include a Masters degree with the Nurse Practitioner program so I thought it might be a good idea to get this done.
  Having my Masters with the NP will open some doors for me as well that would be good for our family so Nate and I made the decision to take this challenge on. 
I was a little reluctant as I didn't want to take any more mommy time away from the kids.
I started this journey while on maternity leave with Toddy thinking no big deal...I will work when the kids are sleeping...Well Todd turned out to be quite a mommies boy so sleep often did not happen unless I was holding him or sleeping beside him.  Needless to say I had many late nates and very long Saturdays at the library (8am - midnight some days) to get work done.
 
I would not of been able to reach this goal without the amazing support from my
husband and family who helped to make this possible.
 
I am glad it is over and behind us now...
 






No comments:

Post a Comment