Saturday, November 1, 2014

Christmas has started at the Hofstetters


It's that time of year again...
One of my favorite family traditions that we do is
kicking off the Christmas season the day after Halloween...

Our house transforms on November 1st...
Out with the scary decorations and pumpkins and
in with the beautiful Christmas decorations and lights...
Out came the Christmas bins from under the stairs...

The day consisted of...
Quality family time;
PJ's all day
Christmas music;
Polar Express;
A Christmas feast;
Cinnabons and
building a gingerbread house

I have to say...
It is...
"beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
at our house!
And we are more then OK with this!

Before

AND AFTER...





















Dasher is back!!!



I snapped the next photos the following morning...
Todd and Colton woke up first at 5:30am...
The clocks were put back so luckily it didn't feel that early...

I love seeing the excitement in the kids faces after our house transforms...
Colton was loving the tree lights...
 I put the movie Frozen on (as we often do in the morning)
 and not long after Ethan came down excited to find Dasher...

He was a little nervous and asked me to hold his hand 
while he walked around the house to find his old friend...
When Dasher was spotted a big grin came to his face...
And when Ethan and Todd discovered the Smarties that Dasher brought they
jumped up and down squealing "Dasher is back"...
They examined him for about 10 mins while talking to him...So cute!

Although I make sure my kiddies understand as well as celebrate the true meaning of Christmas,
It is also fun to enjoy the child like wonder, magic and excitement that Christmas can also bring!






Here's our kick off to a fun and magical Christmas season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment