Monday, May 16, 2011

"Ah ha" moment

I would like to share an Oprah "ah ha" moment.
A statement from Toni Morrison,
"Does your face light up when
 your children come into the room?"

She went on to say that when parents show this type of outward love
 it has a profound impact on a child's self esteem and individual worth...
Sometime parents unintentionally look at there children 
with an impatient, irritated, distracted or bored expressions.
Instead of giving a look of interest,
love, joy and importance.

 We all know what it feels like (the energy that is given off)
 when we watch someone’s face light up when we walked into a room.
I want to always give that feeling to my Ethan and my future children.

Without a doubt my face and heart lights up
every time I lay eyes on my sweet baby.
It is so easy right now to show the
tenderness I have in my heart for my little guy.

But this question made me think…

I’m sure there will be times
ahead when Ethan is older and I may become
too critical, too stressed, and too busy.
I don't want to be that type of parent.
I want to forever slow down.
I want to always remember what is most important.
I want my children to be excited to see me.
I want my children to know how amazing I think they are!

Life is such fun…but oh so short
I will love truly, laugh rowdily
Kiss dreamily and forgive promptly.
And may my face and yours
forever light up when our children
(and loved ones) walk into the room.

Hmmm…I wonder what will change if my face lights up
every time my husband walks into the room…
Wow...another “ah ha” moment…
However I will have to start trying this out tomorrow because he
forgot to put the toilet seat up again today and
I am a little irritated at him right now (urrrr)! -haha



It's real easy to light up when I see this face!

I took this picture this morning...I love that face!
Frozen berries in the Nuby Nibbler...This picture was taken on Mother's Day








On New Years Eve









Nathan & Ethan you light up my world!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Aleccia, I totally needed this reminder today. Tuesdays are so crazy busy and Jayna's sick so every time she comes in the room I'm wondering what she's going to be whining about next, hehe. ;) I love having Ah-ha moments!

    ReplyDelete