Thursday, June 2, 2011

Beach Day

Yesterday Ethan and I went to Grand Bend Beach with Shayna and Alison Gibb.  Ethan had a lot of fun walking and crawling around in the sand.  We had to watch him like a hawk because he kept trying to put sand and stones in his mouth.  Shayna and I took him down to the water to put his feet in. The lake had some small waves and Ethan liked it when they crashed on his feet near the shoreline.  At one point I put him down to see what he would do...he went full force into the water...Getting wet by the cold water didn't seem to bother him.

I took Ethan for a walk down the main street to buy some sunscreen...There was so much for Ethan to look at during our walk so he seemed to really enjoy himself. Later I took him to the new splash park. Ethan loved it...I helped him walk around the splash pad and unannounced to me a forceful sprinkler came on right beside us and got Ethan and I good...the water was freezing...I screamed a little!  Ethan once again didn't seem to mind it. I think he laughed at my reaction!

Well I have learned that going to the beach with a little one is much different then my experience at the beach pre-children.  My days of relaxing and basking in the sun are gone...Now I will be busy playing, watching and entertaining my children. There we be no napping or tanning...But that is OK because I had a lot of fun with my little guy...Beach days will now be playing catch and tag, actually going into the water, building sand castles, picnics, and not taking my eyes off my children.

Around dinner time we went to a patio for some dinner and Ethan fell asleep when my dinner arrived (good timing) so I had a bit of girl talk and basking in the sun on the patio! We had a great time at the beach and I am looking forward to many more beach days.  Oh and my baby didn't burn...I was worried about that but all is good.  Oh and we both crashed when we got home...a full day outside in the sun wiped us...We had a good sleep!



 
 

Aunty Shayna

2 comments:

  1. going to the beach is always fuun!! i hear you guys have had some really nice days :) im glad u guys are enjoying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ethan is so brave! That looks so fun. But you're right it's so different going to the beach now than it was before kids. Still fun, but more for the kids. I miss you and Shayna!

    ReplyDelete