Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ethan is 11 Months

Ethan at 11 months

It is hard to believe that Ethan will be the big ONE on Friday! Last year at this time I was very anxious to meet this beautiful baby and now I have known him for almost a full year!

Month eleven has been very busy...Partly because Ethan is a busy little boy...He is a true boy at heart and is go go go when he is awake.  My little baby is growing up and his cute little body is starting to look like a little toddler...Ethan is walking on his own now...he started taking a few steps at the beginning of the month and today he can walk 8-10 steps on his own before he topples over. Ethan loves the new found freedom he has discovered with walking and it is quite obvious that he is super proud of this new skill. This is evidenced by a giant smile and laughing shrieks as he is on his feet...He thinks being up high is pretty neat!  It is so cute to watch him walk and I am so proud of him! 

Ethan loves to imitate us and truthfully I love it too...His favorite actions to copy are clapping, putting his arms in the air, and dancing...He also loves to fake cough and repeat funny sounds we make! Ethan makes many sounds and puts these sounds together in a full baby language sentence...I sometimes think that he thinks he is having conversations with us...The only problem is that I can't understand his baby language...I keep asking him to talk to me in English please!

Ethan loves music and when it goes on he starts wiggling and dancing...It is so hilarious! The other day I came home to Ethan and Nathan moving and a shakin' to some very loud tunes...and the tunes were not the soft children music and rhymes I play for Ethan...I have to admit it was pretty cute though...and such a dad thing to do I must say!

Here are some pictures over the past month of our pride and joy!


Ethan playing with my friend Janelle's baby boy...
They are a couple weeks apart in age.

My mom playing with the boys...We are at Marisols and Bryce Irvines wedding reception!
Nate and I at the wedding reception

First dip of the season in the pool with Uncle Jorge...It was cold!
Jorge only put Ethan's legs in...Ethan didn't seem to mind!

Ethan loves the pool...We went swimming a lot during the winter!

I love Ethan in sun hats...
I need to get one with a strap because Ethan loves
to pull them off...they don't stay on long.

A walk down Richmond Row

Ethan is forward facing in the car now!

No comments:

Post a Comment