We then headed to Adventures on Wonderland for a play date with some friends.
Ethan had a good play. I have quite an active little man on my hands...
My mom saids I was exactly the same way...
Ethan loved climbing up the slides but this blocked others from going down...
He also enjoyed destroying other kids Lego towers...
He kept me on my toes...
Personally I think it is far more effective to let kids work it out on their own...
If Ethan gets knocked over by another kid once or twice...
I am sure he would think twice before blocking the slide
or destroying their Lego tower...
or destroying their Lego tower...
It is difficult to teach him at this stage because he doesn't really get it yet...
No means "yes this is fun" to Ethan right now!
| Ethan with Noah |
| Toddy chilling |
Then we came home and made Valentine cookies...
I was planning on doing heart shaped cookies
but the cookie dough was too soft..
but the cookie dough was too soft..
So we did easy pesy circles and dipped them in chocolate.
The plan was to make Valentines for Ethan's little friends on our street.
Around 6:30pm Nate was still not home from work so Ethan and I went outside to deliver the Valentines we made to his friends. I put Toddy in a wrap nestled in my jacket...Ethan didn't have an afternoon nap so I wasn't too sure how this was going to go...I asked Ethan "Do you want to go and give your friends a Valentine? Ethan replied "um ya"...So I put the Valentines in a bag...got Ethan's boots and coat on and...just as we were about to go Ethan put his finger in the closet door as I was getting a hat out...Poor little man...The door pinched his finger a bit...This accident combined with no nap led to some pretty impressive tears...We had a good little cuddle...but this made me even more worried about delivering the Valentines...I wanted it to be fun for Ethan and not lead to a meltdown.
After I got Ethan settled down he still wanted to go outside and deliver Valentines...So off we went...My hands were full to say the least!
The first house we stopped at a few doors down went really well...Ethan had an excited look as I told him to knock on the door...He gave me a big smile and knocked on the door. Then he handed the Valentine to his friends mom when she answered...then off he ran into the house when he saw his friend Case in the background...So cute!
Since the first house went so well off we went to another friends place...This is when our little outing took a little bit of a turn...I gave Ethan two baggies (as this house had two of Ethan's friends)...Then I said "ok honey do you want to knock on this door"...Ethan said "ya" and ran up to the door and knocked...When our neighbour opened her door Ethan went to hand the baggy to her and slipped and fell...This led to the baggy bursting open sending cookies flying and Ethan started crying...Actually he was screaming...He was not a happy little man. So this ended our little outing...As I scooped my tired little guy up in my arms and headed back to our house...We put the other Valentines in our neighbours mailboxes before returning home.
Once home it became extremely evident that Ethan was not going to be able to stay awake for our Valentines meal with Nathan...So I fed Ethan...Actually he fell asleep in his highchair...He is so precious!
| Best Valentines gift ever for my toddler... He loved playing with this balloon! |
| Nate worked late...I had dinner waiting when he got home... |
| We had Nate's favorite slow cook beef from M&M's with sweet potato fries... And chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! |
| MY VALENTINE |
No comments:
Post a Comment