Saturday, February 25, 2012

Enjoying the simple moments

On January 31st Nate and I were trying to think of something to do...Winter with little snow plus little children equals limited things to do outside...I was feeling stir crazy being indoors so after some brainstorming we decided to go for a drive to Sarnia to show Ethan the big bridge and boats. It was so nice to get out of the house with my family and our newborn baby...Nathan and I had some good conversations driving to Sarnia and back...We both reflected on the last months events...we are just amazed that we are parents to two children...When did this happen...I mean in some ways it feels like we just got married...And now almost 8 years later we are blessed with an amazing little family...It is crazy how quick life passes us by!

This outing reminded us how important it is to take a step back and just enjoy the simple moments in life.  I like many others get caught up in the details of life (work, school, cleaning, cooking, routines and etc.) that we don't take time to enjoy the pure simple pleasures of life...Just the other day Nate and I were sitting on the couch after a busy day and I could see Ethan's sticky little finger prints on the walls and the couch...My comment was "Man it is hard to keep this house clean"....Nate agreed but then mentioned how lucky we were to have little hand prints in our home...Man is he ever right...Why didn't I look at it that way...Once again I was getting caught up in the details of life "cleaning" ...Those little fingerprints represented the most precious part of my life...Man some people never wash an article of clothing that a Hollywood star may have touch...And here I am washing away the fingerprints of someone who is a million times more important to me then any Hollywood star.   Ok so I am still going to clean my house but I don't have to stress so much about it cause I am blessed to have the mess!

All packed up and on our way



Ethan loved walking on the big rocks near the water...
Nate kept a tight grip on him





Looking down on Todd in the carrier


Me with my boys!





LOVE




Topping Todd up before heading home


On our way home...Ethan is flexing for the camera


We had a fun day hanging out together!

1 comment:

  1. Todd looks great! Oh the wonders of the internet...to see what you guys are up to across the country.

    ReplyDelete