Thursday, January 3, 2013

A year ago today...

A year ago today I looked slightly different...


A year ago today I was really pregnant...
Below is the post I did just before I went into labour with Toddy a year ago...
I was feeling many different emotions...
I can still remember vividly writing this post...
I just cut and pasted the post below...

"I wanted to do a quick post prior to going to sleep because there is a chance our baby will be coming very soon! I had a midwife apt today and I am 3-4cm dilated, 75% effaced and she stretched me so I am quite crampy right now and my contractions are starting to feel different. Tomorrow is my actual due date so baby may be coming anytime! The waiting game is on!! Nate and I are really excited to meet our brand new little guy! I think Ethan is too...Today when I went into his bedroom in the morning I asked him "where is the baby?...Can you give baby a kiss!" Ethan smiled, lifted my shirt and gave my belly the cutest little smooch! Ethan is going to be such an awesome big brother. It is strange because part of me was slightly sad cuddling with Ethan at bedtime tonight thinking that this may be the last time it is just him and I! I know that sounds a little silly but I always struggle a bit with change...Change is exciting but it also represents the passage of time which is sometimes overwhelming. Our threesome is going to be expanding so soon and even though things will change I know it will be for the better and will add so much happiness to our lives.
Thoughts I have right now:

- Need to pack a bag for the hospital
-Am I starting labor????
-I should get some sleep
-I wonder what our new baby is going to look like?
-I can't wait to see what Ethan thinks of the baby?
-Will I make it to the hospital!!! (I had a super fast labor with Ethan...Had a dream this week that Nathan had to deliver the baby at home!!! Yikes!)
-I am sooooo glad I made it past the holiday season and that my baby will have a January birthday!
-I love my family and feel very blessed to have Ethan and soon to be baby #2
-I hope labor and delivery isn't as painful as the first time
-I pray that our baby is healthy and arrives safely

Well if it doesn't happen tonight I might have a chance to post some more thoughts! I just want to always remember how happy and excited I am feeling about the arrival of our second baby! Ethan has been the greatest joy to Nathan and I and we are thrilled and honored to be parents to another little man!"

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IT HAS ALREADY BEEN A YEAR...
 
But at the same time I can't believe that Toddy has only been with us for a year.  Today while taking some pictures of Toddy I found a very pregnant picture of me just moments before I went into labour...For fun I got Nate to snap the same shot a year later...Our bodies are amazing...It is crazy to think that my belly was once that large...Thank goodness that our skin has memory...
 
Tomorrow I plan to post a good update on Toddy...He has grown a lot in the last year...We are very proud of him and enjoy watching him learn and discover the world around him...He is amazing...
 
Nate and I just love our little Toddy...He makes our life so joyful and his smile is so pure it just lights up my heart...It is funny to think that a year ago today I didn't know this amazing little spirit...My life has forever been changed by Toddy's presence and I could not be more happy...I am a fortunate mommy and feel very blessed.
 
LOVE YOU FOREVER TODDY
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment