Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Toddy
Happy Birthday to You
Dear Toddy,
Just over one year ago your
father and I received a precious gift, one that has made our dreams come true.
You came right on your due date (I kind of thought you would) and I just
couldn’t wait to meet you and see your beautiful little body. If I’m being
completely honest, I was a little nervous about the change…I was just so use to
it just being your dad, Ethan and I and it felt a little strange that things
were going to change…Change always freaks me out a bit but I have to say that
this change was such a blessing to our family and you have added so much love
to my heart and our family. I feel silly now that I was nervous about the change...I didn't realize how much my heart could love and that it is not that I took any love away from your daddy or Ethan when you came...My heart only grew.
You were 7 Ibs right on and the first
time I saw you on my chest I thought you were so tiny…That didn’t last long as
your cheeks and thighs filled out very quickly…You were and still are a good little feeder (you
love milkies). You came out quick (Thanks for that)…I remember holding you in
the hospital and having some time alone after dad left to get a bit of
sleep…You only wanted to be in my arms…So we cuddled all morning and into the
afternoon…I remember feeling total bliss knowing that you were mine…I was so
happy to know that you were a healthy little man. I couldn’t stop looking at you and since that
day I often stare at you in total amazement at how perfect you are. It kills me how dang cute you are.
I
love to see you and Ethan playing and laughing together. I just know you two
are going to be best buds. I am so happy that your dad and I were able to have you two close together so you will have a forever best friend to go through this world with. My hope is that you two will always be really close and always have each other’s back. It is the sweetest sight to watch you and Ethan interact…He loves you so much and it is so
heartwarming to see you already following you big brother around. The other day I watch as you chased Ethan in a circle on the floor just giggling your heads off…Daddy and I just watch on the couch
with big smiles on our faces. The simple things you do absolutely amaze us. It is exciting to know this is only the start of
such a special relationship we and your brother will have with you.
You have big beautiful blue-hazel eyes (They recently
change color)…Your eyes sparkle and provide a peek into your pure, gentle soul.
I named you Todd Joseph after your daddy’s brother who passed away in a car
accident…I met him as a little girl…He was a very good man and we know he will
be watching over you while you go through this life. Your middle name Joseph is after my older
brother (He was named after my great uncle Joseph who died in World War 2)…Your
uncle Joe is a wonderful man who I truly look up to and know that he
will always be there for you.This past year has been one joyful, exhausting, funny and amazing year of your mommy’s and daddy’s life. We are so thankful for you. We love your happy personality and the way you smile at us with your wide open mouth. We love knowing we can get a giggle out of you by chasing you or swinging you around. I think it is so funny that you get a kick out of poking my face and sticking your finger in my nose, mouth and eyes when I am feeding you. Below I have listed some things about you:
-You started standing at 7 months and walking at 8 months.
-You love to be held, as a baby I often carried you in a baby carrier around the house
-For the longest time you hated your car seat...Now that we have switched to a front facing seat you are a little happier.
-You love your soothie soosoo...But you often will throw it in the car and at home...Dad and I spend a lot of time looking for Soo Soo's.
-Your smile is contagious...You are a happy baby
-You love your baths,
-you love to tear apart Ethan's train tracks.
-You never liked mushy baby food...I basically went right to solid foods
-You love to keep mommy up at night...Your getting a little better but still keep me on my toes.
-You come alive at 10pm
-You are starting to be more vocal (da da da, mammama, babababa)
-You know your name and will turn when I say it
-You started to imitate us a few months ago...You will clap your hands and dance
-You love the dogs and often will attack poor miles with your pincher's...He is so good to you.
-You transitioned really well to your crib at 8 months...We slept together for the first 8 months...One day thank your dad for this.
-You are a mommy's boy (I love it!)
I can’t get enough of your baby bear hugs and slow kisses that you give me every morning and throughout the day. I hope you never lose the ability to show affection so boundlessly. The way your eyes light up when you see me is a feeling difficult to describe…It instantly perks up my energy and happiness in this world. Your innocence and the love that you show everyone in this family is a blessing that I will never take for granted.
Your wonder and awe of everything around you never ceases to amaze me. Your little personally is so curious and when you are awake you just soak up the world around you…You are so interested in everything…You especially love objects with lights and noises. You love to open our dvd cabinet and the drawer under the stove...The only things not safety locked...If the stair gate is left open you will bee line to the stairs and start climbing...Sometimes you wait for me to come running then you giggle and start moving...If the bathroom door is left open you always know and head as quick as you can to the toilet or the garbage or the toilet paper roll...You keep me running son...But I am glad because this means you are using your smart little mind. You are continuously teaching me something new and wonderful. Every day when I wake up and see your beautiful face I am inspired to become a better mom and a better person.
Today know that your life has made such a profound change in our lives that is one hundred trillion times to the better. You make the world a better place just because there is Todd Joseph Hofstetter living on it. I can only imagine what amazing things you will do and accomplish in the future, because you are already amazing and I could not be more proud of you.
Toddy I love you forever and always and your dad and I live our days now with you and your brother at the forefront. We only want the very best for you and we will always be here to be your rock, you friend, you supporter and your first love… I’m so glad God chose you for our family, that he picked you just as you are and blessed us with your little life. You and your brother are perfect for your dad and I.
P.S. I will try really hard to not be one of those over bearing moms...Just promise me you will not grow up too quickly (lol)!!
Love you so much baby boy,
Mommy & Daddy
![]() |
| Emma your cousin took some this picture and the two below...You are one month old! |
![]() |
| My greatest treasures |
![]() |
| We love you Todd |
![]() |
| A photoshoot at 6 days old here |
| Just look at that wet smile...You are five months here |







No comments:
Post a Comment