Christmas Eve this year was so nice...
we did a few different things that we hope to make into yearly traditions.
We celebrated Christmas with the Hofstetters on the 23rd
and with the Boland clan on Christmas day...
So that left the 24th open to relax a bit and spend some time with
"just the four of us"...
we did a few different things that we hope to make into yearly traditions.
We celebrated Christmas with the Hofstetters on the 23rd
and with the Boland clan on Christmas day...
So that left the 24th open to relax a bit and spend some time with
"just the four of us"...
This is what our "eve" looked like...
After some visitors left (See previous blog)...
and the picture of Santa leaving our house below...
I helped the boys open a gift under the tree...
Yup new Christmas PJ's...
Nothing better then two cute cuddle bugs in Christmas snowman PJ's
Yup new Christmas PJ's...
Nothing better then two cute cuddle bugs in Christmas snowman PJ's
Next we bundled up the boys and headed down to Victoria park
to see the Christmas lights and decorations...
Ethan especially loved the Christmas train, and sitting on Santa's sleigh...
to see the Christmas lights and decorations...
Ethan especially loved the Christmas train, and sitting on Santa's sleigh...
As a little girl I remember being in awe of the manger scene
my favorite was seeing the baby Jesus lying in the manger...
The scene has since been updated and the doll no longer looks as real as it use too...
But it still brought back some warm memories for me...
Anyone who knew me as a young girl knows that I was obsessed with babies...
You could always find me holding or playing with a baby...
Parents loved me I am sure...
While looking at the manger scene this year it was
strange to reflect and see how far I have come...
From a little girl with dreams of one day having a baby of my very own to
a happy mother and wife with two amazing, beautiful baby boys...
my favorite was seeing the baby Jesus lying in the manger...
The scene has since been updated and the doll no longer looks as real as it use too...
But it still brought back some warm memories for me...
Anyone who knew me as a young girl knows that I was obsessed with babies...
You could always find me holding or playing with a baby...
Parents loved me I am sure...
While looking at the manger scene this year it was
strange to reflect and see how far I have come...
From a little girl with dreams of one day having a baby of my very own to
a happy mother and wife with two amazing, beautiful baby boys...
I am beyond blessed and eternally grateful for my fortune!
After some fun at the park we came home...
We read the nativity pop up story with Ethan,
Set out a snack for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph...
Then it was off to bed for Ethan...
Then Nate and I watched a Christmas movie (The Holiday)
with the dogs, a fire and warm blankets,
Toddy stayed up running around the house and playing with toys
burning up the last bit of energy he could muster...
It was so nice to have some down time on Christmas Eve,
and rejuvenate before all the excitement started the next day!
Next year we hope to do the same thing!
"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT"






No comments:
Post a Comment