Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Dogs Best Friend

     I absolutely love how aware Ethan is of Winston and Miles (our dogs) now...he gazes and inspects them like a hawk and with his cute little crawl he follows them everywhere...It makes me soooo happy! I am earnestly excited for Ethan and the dogs to become best buds...I can already picture Ethan and the dogs running, playing and fooling around for hours on the grassy court in front of our house.  Winston and Miles will soon be Ethan’s devoted protectors and greatest playmates.  Without a doubt the dogs  energy and playfulness will come in handy to me in the future as well. They will help me entertain and keep Ethan active and healthy.  They will pack Ethan's days with plenty of outdoor activity...I can already picture Ethan huffing and puffing for "just 5 more minutes mom" as I call him inside for bedtime...After just 5 more minutes I will be greeted by a very sweaty, scruffy and dirty little boy (and I will love it). I will give my filthy little boy a bubble bath, put on Ivory Snow washed PJ's, read him a story followed by a long cuddle and embrace...The dogs will lay beside Ethan's bed dreaming about the new adventures tomorrow will bring.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world
like a puppy licking your face"

Here are some pictures I snapped of Ethan communicating with the dogs through our sliding door this morning.  What a precious moment.  I savored it for a moment then snapped a load of pictures.  If Ethan only knew the fun times in store for him with his new friends...I am excited for there relationship to bloom!

Whenever the dogs are outside in the backyard...Ethan tends to gravitate to the window to watch them

Today I actually moved the dog's food bowls downstairs. Now that Ethan can get around I am so afraid one of there food bits will be left on the floor...and since everything Ethan gets his hands on goes into his mouth I realized this was a disaster waiting to happen...
So the dogs will just have to eat downstairs now.
Watching Wise Winston
The "Binkies" and Little E



"Winston and Miles are funny mommy"

"I love my dogs"

"I want to go out there mommy"

How can I say no to that face?

Ethan keeping his eyes on the dogs

This is Ethan's favorite spot in the house

Good old Daddy gives in and helps Ethan pat "Winky" and "Minky" (our nicknames for the dogs)...
When we are referring to the two of them together we call them the "Binkies"...Catchy isn't it!



"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"  ~Roger Caras






No comments:

Post a Comment