Monday, February 28, 2011

Mr Golden Sun...Please oh Please!!!!


     So today all I can think about is sunny warm weather and going on a vacation someplace warm (pronto if possible). I am sure most people can relate to this feeling.  For me it seems like every year around this time winter really starts to drag on!!  Oh how I miss beautiful sunny warm days...I can't wait to wear shorts and sandals, I can't wait to take Ethan swimming at the beach, I can't wait for sunny walks with the dogs, I can't wait to get the BBQ out and I really can't wait for the days to get longer.
     Today I am really feeling spontaneous and I have a strong urge to book a trip someplace warm (I could surprise Nate...he wouldn't mind right?)...Oh a trip would be so perfect and needed right now.  When I close my eyes and go into my memory bank I can almost feel the sun kissing my skin, the sweet breeze of ocean waves and the very satisfying smell of sunscreen.  Man vacations are so amazing and fun and for some reason are really on my mind this week...it is funny because just the other day I stopped at a variety store for a drink and when I was inside picking out my choice of beverage I had a very strong feeling of deja vu...this is because Nate and I always stop at a variety store right before we leave to the airport on vacation...it is our routine gas and beverage stop. Anyhow for a split second while in the variety store I actually imagined that we were heading on a vacation and even allowed myself to enjoy a quick few seconds of pure excitement...I am sad to say that the feeling ended quickly as I walked out of the store into the freezing cold and headed home to a driveway full of snow.
     I have to admit...this winter seems soooo much tougher to get through...I think this is due to a couple of reasons...first, lets be honest our winter has been brutal (cold and lots of snow) and second Nate and I usually plan a trip somewhere warm around this time of year. We do this intentionally because we have a hard time with the winter.  It is a great strategy to get through winter because it allows our mind to go into excitement mode at least a month before our trip...we have something to look forward to...it is ingenious and works so well for us. 
     Anyhow this year we decided that we would switch it up a bit and go on a summer road trip out East to the Islands instead for our yearly vacation. So I guess I will have to settle for my memories and dreams of warmth, sun and ocean  to get me through this winter.

This is what I am thinking about today...

 JAMAICA 2010
We took this picture while on a pedal boat

I love how the sun is hitting the water in this picture...
I love watching the sunsets while on vacation...nothing is more beautiful to me (except my baby)

This rock was beside our Villa...I thought it was a perfect setting for a picture!

CANCUN MEXICO - 2009

From our balcony

Lounging, swimming, tanning and eating...yeah it's tough!

MEXICO (2007)

This was actually the first all inclusive resort that Nate & I had ever been too...it was amazing...each day consisted of napping, sunning, eating, swimming, napping again, snorkeling, eating and eating and eating...The hardest part of the day was getting showered and all dressed up for our evening meal.
I remember really enjoying the evening entertainment at this resort.

Just Beautiful...this is the view from our balcony


This picture just makes me happy!
 
OK the snorkling at this resort was amazing...we went almost every day because it was so amazing!


Well it is off to bed...maybe I can visit the ocean and spend some time in the sun in my dreams tonight! 
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment