Monday, October 3, 2011

Ipperwash Beach

This past summer Nathan, Ethan, Shayna, Joe, Markus, Jessica and I spent an afternoon at Ipperwash Beach. We packed a nice lunch and had some good playtime outdoors!

I have to say that I have many fond memories of this place as a child.  This was the beach we use to go to when I was little with our family. Often in the summers my dad would rent a cottage here...Mr Varey our neighbour who lived right across the street from the house I grew up in on Frobisher Cres owned a cottage at Ipperwash beach so every now and then we would visit for the day and go out on his boat water skiing and tubing. This was a huge highlight for me when I was younger!

One of my most favorite memories of Ipperwash Beach is playing hide and go seek in the sand dunes...My dad, brother, sister and I would spend hours playing this game in the sand! It was a good time!

I think Ipperwash is a really nice family beach...It is great for kids because the water is shallow for a huge distance...Less stressful for the parents as the kids are playing around! I also like how quiet and peaceful it is...A nice change from the more busier beaches.  Ethan had such a fun time this day...He loved rolling in the sand near the water...He kept putting his face in the water and kissing the sand...What a guy! Next year we will have to go here more often!  We could even bring the dogs!



Jessica and Ethan




Joe and Jessie ...
Poor Jessica got stung by a bee shortly after this picture was taken!
It hurt but she was a tough cookie!

Markus and Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment