Oh my goodness, I really can't believe that our little monkey is 7 months old already. This process has been so amazing...and exciting especially now that we are seeing Ethans personality evolve. I feel so lucky to be his mom and enjoy every moment I get to spend with his sweet spirit. One of my favorite things to do is get Ethan laughing. It doesn't take much as he is quite a little character. I think he is going to have a great sense of humor when he gets older and that makes me happy. I really lucked out because my baby is very content and happy. He has a very contagious smile and energy that just lights up our world.
My most favorite time of the day with Ethan is first thing in the morning. I love being able to souly concentrate on my baby at this time in my life...maternity leave is awesome and allows me to really enjoy the moments. It is so nice to really soak up the day and not let it race by. I love not waking up to an alarm. I love sleeping and cuddling with my little guy. Yes Ethan usually sleeps with us or at least ends up in our bed so we always wake up together which is soooo amazing. Ethan is the best alarm clock ever...he is a happy “waker-uper”...he usually wakes up before me and starts either poking my face, or pulling my hair to get my attention or he blows on my face with his little puffs of air (I love the fresh smell of his little breath). Now here is the best part...as my eyes open to the new day and our gazes meet for the first time in the morning he gets so excited that he just has to look away...it's almost like he can't handle the excitment or maybe he is just being bashful...it is so dear... When he looks back at me his mouth widens to the biggest smile as his eyes twinkle with delight...it is the cutest sight and the best feeling ever. And the most effective alarm clock I have ever had. Who wouldn't love to wake up to that? It automatically puts me in the best mood ever, and I am ready to start my day. Often Ethan is ready to eat soon after he wakes up which is so nice because it is almost like hitting the snooze button...on top of that we get to cuddle a bit more. After he is done eating we play or I sing to him for a bit. He loves it when I pull the curtain above our bed to expose the sunlight. His eyes widen and he looks at me like I just did the most amazing thing. It is so funny...it doesn't take much to entertain him. Sigh.... it is just such an amazing feeling and I am trying to soak up every minute because I know this time will pass.
Now that Ethan is getting mobile we have to really keep an eye on him because he is dang quick. He has mastered the roll (the first time he rolled over was the day he turned 5 months) and gets around very quickly. He is also quick with his hands and grabs anything and everything in his reach and they go directly in his mouth so baby-proofing the house has started. Even though he keeps us on our toes it is so cute to see how aware he is of the objects around him. He is still doing that hilarious twisty/dance-like thing with his legs and core that I really need to get on tape because it is so unique and funny. He continues to love his Jolly Jumper and is now swinging like a mad man as he jumps...he gets it going pretty good. What else...oh over the past couple of months he communicates with us by letting us know when he wants to be picked up by raising his arms to us, this melts our hearts. He continues to have explosive poops and toots...I swear every week at church he rips off the loudest ones...it is quite entertaining…I sometimes feel like standing up and taking a bow for him. All in all the last 7 months have been amazing…Nathan and I love being parents…we love our little family and look forward to many more memories. Below are monthly pictures that I have taken with the fairy frog (this cute stuff animal came from my Aunt Lois and Uncle Jim when he was born). I thought taking a picture with the same stuff animal will give perspective over time with how big our little guy is getting. Enjoy!
 |
| One month old |
 |
| two months old |
 |
| Three months old |
 |
| Four months old |
 |
| Five months old |
 |
| I missed getting a picture at six months...here is Ethan at seven months. |
Ethan really is adorable! I did the same thing taking a picture with the same stuffie every month with Kepler. It's so fun to see how big they get!
ReplyDelete