Saturday, October 27, 2012

A typical summer morning at the Hofstetter's

With the change in the weather
(It has been raining and cold for the last couple days)
I am starting to miss our typical morning routine.
I am defiantly not one of those strick "routine moms"
I would like to say that I tend to just "go with the flow"
but I must say we do tend to have a similar looking
morning and I guess the kids bedtime is kinda similar day to day...
What we do in between however is always a spontaneous surprise!
 
However now with the changing weather,
I am noticing that things just don't feel the same...
Most likely because our mornings feel different,
most likely because it is so dang gross outside!

A little while ago I remember getting the camera out
first thing in the morning with a plan to do
a picture journal of our day as a blog entry...
I thought that would be a fun post for my kids
to look back on to see what we did to fill their days...
Unfortunately I wasn't consistent but I did get a few pictures
of what I am calling our summer morning routine.
So here it is below...


Ethan usually wakes up at 7am on the dot...It's kinda weird...
Literally the clock will say 7:00 and up he gets!
So downstairs we go while Ethan yells "cartoons"...
This usually will wake up baby Todd (awesome!)
So on goes the tube while mom gets breakfast prepared!



Breakfast is served...

Mom stays close by as Toddy is just getting use to the solids!
Note in this picture...
Ethan is looking around me to see the cartoons...
Also see the couch in the background...
Yes the toy car is put there on purpose, the other couch is covered also...
That's right...every night before bed we have to cover the couches to
prevent the dogs from sitting on them throughout the night...
Our dogs are NOT allowed on the furniture
However I discovered a little while ago that they would wait
until we went to sleep...then up they got comfy on the couches...
But not anymore...
Hence us covering the couches with items!
The dogs each have there own dog blankets
that they can cuddle up on that I can wash...
"I can't wash the couch so it is not an option dogs"...(haha)



Todd like Ethan loves blueberries!

Shortly after breakfast we head out into the backyard...Usually Ethan goes to the window prior to going outside and yells "POOP...MOM POOPY, POOPY, POOPY"...We call him the poop patrol as he is always looking for dog poop for us to pick up...Our backyard has never been cleaner.  He knows to not touch but still searches all around and points until I come over with a bag to scoop it up!
 

Yup I took a picture of him pointing at poop...
Aparently I was really taking this picture journaling thing quite seriously
 
 
I usually sit in the back with Todd feeding him 
while watching Ethan discover and play...
 

Below is the view of one of the sides of our house...
This year we put some work into it...
It is now our designated fruit/veggie area...
This side of the house gets full sun throughout the day.
We added a second apple tree; we have a small strawberry patch and
three boxes for me to do some square foot gardening...
Next year I will have to tame my tomato plants...
They went a little crazy this year.
Also I will never do vegetables in pots again...
Note all the pots with pathetic looking plants in them...
I  don't know how some people are able to make beautiful plants in pots...
It has never worked for me...
I also have a rose of Sharon back here...So beautiful in bloom!
Next year I am going to transplant some Boland rhubarb to this area...
I want to make this area a place where my kids can come back and pick and eat...
Ethan did this a bit with the strawberries this year but
he doesn't like tomato's so he mainly just picked them...
Often I would see cherry tomato's scattered around my backyard
as Ethan tended to pick them with the intention to eat however
he would spit them out and say "yucky".
 
I can't wait for my apple trees to bear fruit...
Apparently they will yield 6 bushels per picking season...
That is a very exciting thought to me!







 


 
While in the backyard we will usually pick some tomato's
from the crazy tomato plants...So many tomatos!
Often I would put Todd in the Jolly Jumper 
to have a free hand to play with Ethan...
Sometime I would fill up the baby pool or bring out the bubbles...
That and the million outdoor toys we have it was never hard
to find something to keep Ethan busy!
(I am so happy that our backyard is finally baby proofed...
We got rid of the pond at the beginning of the summer)

This is one of our apple trees...
We just might start getting fruit next year...
Here's to hoping

Here's Miles...Ethan loves to play with the dogs...
Miles is so good with children

Winston keeps his distance from Ethan...
Most likely because Ethan can sometime be a little rough!
Ethan enjoys chasing Winston..."Poor Winky"

Oh and Ethan loves finding spiders and spider webs...It is crazy how many webs are in my backyard...
 Well that's all the pictures I took this particular day...
But really that is a typical morning at the Hofstetter's...
Well if you add in the poopy diapers I change (lol)
It is usually while I am outside that I decide what we will do for the day...
 
Oh how I will miss the beautiful, sunny mornings...
Dang you gloomy rainy days
I guess I need to toughen up and get the
rain boots out and venture outside with the boys!
Maybe tomorrow (haha)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment