About a week ago my mischievous little 2 year old
kept mommy on her toes!
First thing after breakfast I went upstairs while
Ethan and Todd played downstairs...Literally within a minute
I heard some scampering of feet then some obnoxious
excited laughter coming from my 2 year old...
I rushed downstairs to find...
Quite the mess...
The floor was covered with something...
It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at...
Ethan took some of the flowers out of the vase on the kitchen table
and whacked them against the ground...
The petals were all over the ground...
He said "look Mommy" as I came down the stairs
With a big ol' grin on his cute little face...
as he continued to whack the flowers on the ground...
I was a little in shock that he thought this was OK behaviour...
Even for a two year old mind!
While at the same time I realized it wouldn't take
too long to sweep up the mess and
really he is only TWO...
Not a big deal...
First I got Todd out of danger as
all he wanted to do was put the pedals in his mouth...
The truth is...
I started chuckling out loud
while wondering what the heck got into my little man...
This is when Ethan really started laughing...
He thought he was super clever...
He wanted me to join in...
My destructive little boy!
Soon after I put on my mom hat and
gently explained to him that he made a mess and
that he needs to be gentle with flowers because they are so beautiful...
"Ethan flowers are not toys, will you help Mommy clean up the floor"
I just had to get out my camera...
Then in the afternoon I left a
permanent marker out in the mudroom
and little E drew me a picture!
He was quite proud of his masterpiece...
Gotta love two year olds...
They defiantly keep it interesting...
Once again not a big deal just a couple coats of paint...
And really it was my fault for
leaving the marker out right??
I hear ya- I have three curious boys and a girl who loves to draw,anywhere. Magic erasers can take off permanent marker-this I know! Glad to see how you patiently enjoying your boys!
ReplyDelete