Friday, January 28, 2011

Multitasking

So last month I decided that I really wanted to start getting back into running shape. Since Ethan is a little older now I thought I might try out the childcare at my gym.  I was so excited because the first time I took him he seemed to really liked it and had a great time interacting with the other children and babies.  I was also impressed with the caretakers...they seem very nice and gave off a good vibe.  I was also eager to take Ethan into the pool to see what he thought of it because he just loves his baths and enjoys splashing the water.  The pool at my gym is perfect for kids because the water is nice and warm, therefore easy to get in and I find it nice on my muscles after a workout...It is also a salt water pool so not so harsh on our skin.  Anyhow my inspiration for this post is what I found myself doing after our swim yesterday.  It started out normal as I headed to the showers to clean off the pool water.  If you have ever tried to shower with a baby I am sure you can relate that it is a little tricky...I am always a little worried about him slipping out of my arms because once I apply soap to his skin he gets so slick.  Anyhow yesterday we went to the gym a little later in the day so as we got in the shower he was tired and wanted to eat. I was hoping to quickly shower him then get him home to feed but he kept trying to latch on and was in one of those moods…So… I ended up feeding him in the shower...it was a good place to feed him I guess...nice and private...but then my multitasking brain kicked into full gear and I started to try and wash him while he was feeding because it felt weird to just stand there in the shower. Yes this was even more difficult…for those breastfeeding moms just picture yourself trying to feed and shower your baby at the same time…it was really funny. I think I had one of my legs up supporting his legs at one point.  I remember realizing what I was doing and laughing in my head but continued…The things mother's do...or maybe it's just crazy me!!

Ok so it would be quite inappropriate to include a picture of the event above (like I even have a picture)...so I thought I would just include a few pictures I took the other day so you can see how big my little guy is getting.


Nap time with Daddy

Rosy cheeks...I want to kiss those lips!

That is the smile that lights up my day!

He loves his Jolly Jumper!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that's awesome! I've definitely nursed my babies in way more weird places than I ever thought I would. I love Ethan's big grin in the jolly jumper, what a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete