Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day I cooked dinner for my mom and grandmother...
I would have to say that these two women
are my greatest examples of motherhood.

My mom is an amazing person...
I am so thankful to her for all the unselfish,
loving service she has given me through the years...
Growing up I took it for granted...
But now that I am a little more mature, and a little bit wiser
I can really see how truly wonderful my mother is!

My mom has sooooo much energy,
She is slow to anger, quick to forgive, kind,
fair, always up for "whatever", truly concerned and beautiful
I have never questioned her love for me...
She is real and genuine and always puts others before herself.

She has been and continues to be a huge example to me...
She loves her Heavenly Father and her family with all of her heart!

My children love her so much and
I am so grateful to have her by my side as
 I work to become the best mother that I can be!


My grandmother has always been my number one fan...She is truly my best friend!

My dad with his mom and little Toddy



In the picture above are some Mother's Day gifts that I received...
The card with the mice came from my boys (Nate may have helped)
The basket and poem was a nursery craft that Ethan gave me at church...
It was so cute and I made a big deal about it!!
The white flower came from church (all the women got one)
The rose plant came from my grandmother!
Also my dad and mom took me shopping for an outfit this past weekend!
Gota love it when my dad takes me shopping!
I am a lucky girl!
Poem that came in the present Ethan made in Nursery at church today

Close up picture of the nursery craft...Soooo cute!
Ethan has such wonderful nursery teachers...
I am so thankful to them for taking good care of my boy!

For story time we read this book!  I love this book!
This is a favorite book of Ethan's right now...
He loves the part when the baby bird leaves the nest...
Ethan says "all gone" as he points to the nest.
Ethan also seems relieved when the Mommy bird returns...
SOOOOOO freaking cute!


Couldn't resist taking a picture of my sleeping babies this evening...
I love watching my boys sleep...Little angels I tell ya!
I am so lucky to be their mom!

Today at church one of the speakers read the
Robert Munch book "I love you forever"
I cried and cried and cried...It just got me right there (if ya know what I mean)!
I now get it why my mom could never make it through this book!


"Love you for always,
Like you forever,
As long as your living,
My baby you'll be"

No comments:

Post a Comment