Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hanging With Our Friends

At least once or twice a week I get the privilege to spend some quality time with my mommy friends and their children. Some of my mommy friends go to my church, live on my street, are family members or long time friends. There is just something about having another mother to talk to. The bond you develop is quick I think because we can relate to each other…We know what motherhood is all about...We know the joys and the struggles that come with this amazing experience...

What I am trying to say is that...
"we just get each other" if ya know what I mean.

I love that this bonding time allows my boys to start making friendships that may last them a lifetime. I love that I get to talk to my friends about my struggles while also being strong for them when they need it. And best of all I love that my boys will have other mothers as role models in their lives…I like the philosophy that it takes a village to raise a child. I truly believe this and want this for my children.

These friendships have quickly become such an essential part of my life and I can't imagine how I would have made it through the ups and downs of motherhood without there support and love. There's just something about whining to another mother about a night of no sleep and having her nod her head with understanding.

And above all it is such sweet relaxation being able to take my son to another mom's house knowing that there will be toys, snacks, and baby proofing readily available!

I would have never guessed how much I needed mommy friends and how much I would cherish them.

Thank you to all my mommy friends...
Your the best!
 
 

Some pictures of a recent playdate
Ola and Diana's girls with Todd in the middle
We joked that it would be funny if Todd ended up
dating one of these cuties when he is older (haha)




Todd loves the ladies!  (haha)


"Blue car"  This is what Ethan was saying at the time!



Ola and Emma




On Virginias deck...Beautiful view of the pond!


The boys are looking at the family of geese below

After visiting at Virginias for a bit we went down to the pond to feed the geese...
Then we went for a stroller walk to a park...
It rained and we got wet but it was still a really fun day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TOMORROW TO ALL MY MOMMY FRIENDS!
BEST JOB IN THE WORLD!

1 comment:

  1. so glad to know you aleccia :) and to have you guys over likewise im also glad to have all of you to share and make fond memories :) hope you had a lovely mothers day :)

    ReplyDelete