Ethan and I missed our connecting flight from Toronto to London by minutes so we had to kill some time at the Toronto airport...I got some lunch at a cafe then we found a free lounge sponsored by a credit card company to hang out at...the lounge had comfy chairs and free TV, drinks, nuts and candy so it was quite nice compared to waiting at the gate.
We missed our connecting flight because our flight from Edmonton to Toronto was an hour late leaving due to "mechanical problems"... that's right, and truthfully I was more then happy to wait while the mechanics "fixed the plane"...not the most reassuring statement if you ask me...I couldn't help but think...what if the mechanics accidentally don't fix the problem properly? Yeah, I am a little paranoid...Truthfully I never use to be anxious about flying...during University I flew somewhere every weekend for cross country and track meets and didn't think too much about it, but ever since meeting Nathan (he gets a little nervous) and watching a TV program about plane crashes I have gained some nervous flying energy. But really when you think about it "how the heck does a very massive and heavy piece of steal stay up in the air...it is crazy!!! I know that statistically it is actually safer to fly than it is to take the train or drive and I understand that flying involves laws of physics including differences in pressures and gravitational forces that lift the plane in the air and stuff but really I just don't get it!
For me, personally, I think airplanes are one of the most amazing things when I really think about it. I must say that every time I board these gigantic vehicles and think about how much they must weigh it never stops amazing me as the airplane rolls down the runway and, as though by magic, lifts itself into the air. It is truly incredible when you think about it!
I titled this post frequent flyer because Ethan has been on quite a few airplanes already...I went to Jamaica when he was in my belly - I was seven months pregnant (that counts I think)...and then to Edmonton twice...yes he is a world traveler at the fresh age of 7 months...haha!
 |
This is the "I am not impressed look"...Ethan gave it to me when he found out our connecting flight left without us!
We are actually in the comfy lounge I was talking about during this picture and the next couple
 |

 |
| Here we are waiting at the gate...we are so excited to see daddy...only another hour to go!! |
 |
| OK...you see that lady in the background (the one with the blond hair)...she was a little too friendly and would not stop talking to me...I was a little embarrassed because she was so loud and a little inappropriate and obnoxious...I was afraid people thought I was with her...Yup I called her the crazy lady...Yes I know her life story and most of her children's life stories...She was nice but had no boundaries! |
 |
| Ethan has been sticking out his tongue like this for a couple days now...it's his new thing I guess! |
 |
| Ok I love this one....sooooooo cute! |
 |
| Getting ready to board!!!! |
 |
| Quick picture of the two of us...yup I am holding the camera and it took a couple attempts to get both of our heads in! |
 |
| Ethan is thinking "last shot already" |
 |
| "Enough pictures MOM" |
 |
"Really....NO MORE"
|
He is not impressed with me!
 |
| On the plane |
 |
Ethan was so interested when the propellers turned on...we were in one of those small planes so it was so loud...
Like father, like son...even though Nate is nervous on planes he is so interested in them and loves the window seat. |
 |
The love of airplanes runs in Nates side of the family...I think Ethan has inherited that gene!
Ethan loved looking out the window and inspecting the plane! |
 |
| Father and son reunited after 3 weeks...so happy to see you honey...we missed you! |
 |
| Ethan fell asleep on the plane and looks a little tired in this picture but he had smiles for daddy! |
 |
| My boys!! |
 |
A few pictures I snapped once we got home.
HOME SWEET HOME! |
 |
| Love this one! |
 |
Like father, like son!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment