Saturday, February 5, 2011

Visiting Edmonton & Missing Daddy

Ethan and I are in Edmonton right now enjoying some time with my brother & family.  It is so nice to be able to spend time with my brother and I love that Ethan is really getting to know Markus and Jessica (my brothers children).  Markus and Jessie just love Ethan, they often ask to sleep with him when it is bedtime (so sweet)...obviously Ethan is too young for that but I do let them snuggle him for a bit before bed.  Markus loves Ethan's head (he saids it is "soooo soft and fuzzy") he rubs it as he cuddles with him...it is so precious to watch.  It is a strange reality because it feels like it was just yesterday that Markus was Ethan's age and now he is 5 years old...oh my!  It is so sad because Markus is hitting that age where he is starting to shy away from affection...I still get hugs but kisses are few and far between...It makes me realize that I need to really savor and enjoy all the free cuddles from my little one now while he is tiny.
Unfortunately Nathan is not with us on this trip and we sure miss him. He is such a great dad and husband. He loves his little boy and it is so amazing to watch the two of them interact. I love that Nathan is a softy when it comes to Ethan…he hates to hear him cry and will avoid it at all cost…even if that means going into the spare bedroom when Ethan takes over our bed. Oh boy…yes it is true our little guy already has us wrapped around his fingers (haha). 

My plan was to post a bunch of pictures for Nate to enjoy that I have taken the last few days of Ethan, but my dang memory card is not reading on my brothers computer...weird...I will try to figure it out tomorrow and attach the pictures...I got some really cute ones hun!!!

This is a picture taken during our last visit to Edmonton a couple of months ago.
The cousins (Jessie, Ethan & Markus)

This is Markus when he was around Ethan's age...oh man what a cutie...I can't believe that was 5 years ago already!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're enjoying our Edmonton weather..can't seem to make up our minds whether to be winter or spring! :) Enjoy your family!!

    ReplyDelete