Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunday Dinner with Friends

     This past Sunday Joe and I invited Jeremy Townsend and his family over for dinner. Jeremy is an old friend of mine (and Joe's of course)...our friendship goes way back to high school days. Jeremy also lives in Edmonton and is still good friends with Joe. He is married to a really nice and beautiful women named Paige...They have two really cute boys...there youngest is named Tie and he is almost two months older then Ethan.


Ethan & his new friend Tie


Yes that is a Christmas tree in the background...it is going to be Christmas all year round at my brothers house...just kidding he just hasn't gotten around to taking it down. I must say it is a beautiful tree!  I think he should keep it up!



This was a toy of Ties that Ethan loved...it is a rubber snake...he loved to bite this snake
I love how rosy his cheeks are in this picture.

     It is always fun getting together with old friends and reminiscing about old times. One story that we had some laughs over was an embarrassing story that involved my very first date.  Picture this...I was 16 or 17 years old at the time and a guy at school who I liked asked me out on a date.  Anyhow my brother who was a very protective brother along with Jeremy and Davis got the bright idea to intimidate my date. Anyways when my date came to pick me up the boys greeted him at the door with no shirts on (apparently they believed there muscles would speak volumes...hahaha).  I laughed it off and got the heck out of there. After we went out I invited my date into my house to hang out for a bit.  Needless to say the boys continued there muscle show...yup a little awkward for my date...needless to say the guy I was with didn't stick around my house too long. No wonder I didn't get many dates in highschool (haha)!

     I cooked a yummy feast...we had chicken, sausage, wild rice with almonds, baked brown beans, roasted sweet potato with vegetables and a salad.  It was really funny because when we sat down to eat there were only three sausages on the table and a fourth one was being eaten by Markus...I was confused because I cooked six...Joe asked Markus how many he had and he said "oh this is my third."   Oh boy...that little stinker...he ate three before we even had a chance to sit down.  Apparently I have not grown eyes on the back of my head yet...It is crazy because it is often hard to get that boy to eat...I guess it is safe to say that he loves sausages...unfortunately they are not the healthiest...luckily we still had enough meat...I made lots of chicken.  Joe was a little irritated he filled up on sausages but also thought it was funny.




Chase, Jessie & Markus


Jeremy getting dessert ready
      Jeremy and his wife brought dessert...sundaes...with all the toppings...sooooo good...I have to say it has been a while since I have made a homemade sundae...it was a good treat and the kids loved it!  We even played a boardgame and I am happy to announce that Paige kicked our butts...yeah...Girls Rule!!!! I must admit trying to play a game with kids around is hard!!! but we did it with only a million interruptions!



dessert time
 

Jessie eating her Sundae

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment