This post is an Ethan update for my family...
A week ago for the first time Ethan sat up with no support. It was crazy because all of a sudden he wakes up after a nights sleep and could just do it. Now that he has mastered the sit he is doing it all the time…but sadly on occasion he will do a nice face plant to the floor. When he falls over and loses his balance I fully expect to hear some crying but I must say Ethan is a strong little boy because he hasn’t cried yet. I have to contain myself and try to not make a big deal of it even though my instinct is to pick him up and hug him better.
Another thing that Ethan loves to do is roll and crawl under couches or chairs (really anything that he can get under). He started doing this a couple weeks ago at home...The first time it happened we were watching LOST while he was rolling around on the floor and all of a sudden Nate was like “where is Ethan”…we got up and saw his little smiling face sticking out from under our loveseat (his head wouldn’t fit under)…Nate and I thought it was hilarious. It is now a common occurrence when he is on the floor…last night at my brothers house I left him on the living room carpet to roll and play while I was busy doing something and when I came back to check on him all I saw was the top of his head sticking out from under the couch (my brothers couch is high enough for his head to fit under). I kept moving him from under the couch to the middle of the carpet but he kept going back. It was so funny, it was like his own little fort and he was a happy little monkey so I gave up and just let him have some fun under the couch.
My brother has a Jolly Jumper that I attached to the doorway of his walk-in kitchen pantry. This works out well because it allows me to watch Ethan while I am cooking. The first time Ethan was in the Jolly Jumper he would look at the food in the pantry while he jumped away (lots to look at). The next time he was in the jumper he started to reach for the food in the pantry and now when he is in the jumper the food in the pantry is being pushed off the shelves right, left and centre. I do my best to move the packaged and can foods up high and away from him but I have to tell ya I have a very determined baby. He figured out that he could swing and grasp onto the shelf then he would reached as far as he could with the other hand (while grunting) to get yet another object to fall to the ground. I thought it was so clever of him that I just watched with fascination at his smart little problem solving mind.
I took some pictures of Ethan with my brothers iPhone below...
![]() |
| You can hardly tell but he is in the Jolly Jumper here...the pantry is in the background |
![]() |
| Wow he looks a lot like Nate in this picture |
LOVE YOU & MISS YOU & SEE YOU SOON!









No comments:
Post a Comment