Today we went to an outdoor ice rink down the street from my brothers house. I bundled Ethan up and put him in a stroller so he could enjoy some ice time as well. Markus and Jessica were excited to have Ethan on the ice and took turns pushing him around in the stroller. I am impressed at how good Markus and Jessica are getting on there skates...today Markus was practicing some stick handling and stopping on the ice while Jessica enjoyed passing the puck back and forth with her dad. I think Ethan is going to enjoy hockey one day too. Yes I want to be a hockey mom...and we are lucky because our house is beside a huge ice arena...so it will be very handy. I played hockey when I was little and really enjoyed it...and even though I don't skate that much anymore I am still not too bad on the ice (a little rusty of course)...I think skating is kind of like walking...once you learn how to do it you always remember.
We ended up staying at the rink for about two hours...for the first hour Ethan fell asleep in the stroller...the ride on the ice was like a cradle rocking him to sleep...It was funny because we got him going pretty good on the ice...don't worry he was snuggly strapped in!!
 |
| sooooo precious |
 |
| Jessie & Little E |
 |
| Cousin Markus |
For the last hour we played some ice games...and then had a snowball fight...Markus liked the snowball fight the best! Markus was funny because he would throw a snowball at his dad then run to Ethan for cover because he figured Joe wouldn't throw a snowball near Ethan...smart little guy.The weather today was beautiful (+4 and sunny) so the kids just loved it and didn't want to go home. Ethan had the cutest rosy cheeks and runny nose and seemed to enjoy the ride on the ice when he woke up from his nap.
 |
| My brother Joe with Markus, Jessica & our little peanut |
 |
| An angel on ice! |
We love you & miss you babe, see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment