Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fountain of Youth

     Yesterday we took the kiddies to a new indoor recreation building not far from my brother's house.  This place was huge and really fun.  We spent our time at the indoor water park...Markus and Jessie loved it...they spent there time going down the water slide and playing in the current whirlpool area. Joe asked Markus if he wanted to go jump off the high diving boards. Off they went while Jessie and I played with Ethan in the warm kid pool...Shortly after I see Markus walking all proud and cute to tell me he jumped off the second highest diving board...he wanted me to come watch him do it again. Joe told me that the lifeguard made Markus swim a 25 meter lap before he was allowed to jump off the high diving board...Joe wasn't sure if Markus would go through with the jump because it was actually high...When Markus got up there Joe said "ok Markus...jump on three" and he did with no hesitation.  I guess we have a little daredevil on our hands.  When I came over to watched Joe said "this time try to do a twirl when you jump off" and he did (3 twirls before he hit the water)...very impressive. Markus wanted to jump off the highest diving board but it was closed...he said "dad lets come back when the highest board is open so I can jump off it."
     Ethan also enjoyed splashing in the water and watching the other kids.  Note to self...I really need to get Ethan swim diapers...I have looked in a couple stores but they are actually hard to find in the winter. So I put him yet again in a regular diaper. Yup they fill up quick and make his bum look huge! I figured I would get in trouble for not having him in a swim diaper (I think I heard they sometimes explode) so I was trying to hide his little bum when we got out of the water...I felt like I was breaking the law! (hahaha)...I wish I had my camera with me.
    Another funny story...at one point I got out of the pool to feed Ethan...I took off his huge diaper and wrapped his naked body in a towel...went off to the side of the pool and started to feed him. He is a wiggle worm when I feed him so at one point he wiggled half his body out of the towel and exposed his wee wee...I didn't bother wrapping him all back up again because I was covered up perfectly and he was in a comfortable position (still getting use to this feeding in public thing). Anyhow a few minutes later I look beside me to see a pool of yellow "water"...Yup I put it together pretty quick and figured out what happened as I looked around to see if anyone else saw...sure enough a lifeguard was approaching me laughing...  Apparently unannounced to me little E decided to turn on his fountain.  So funny...I laughed with the lifeguard and then got some paper towels to clean it up.

This is picture I snapped yesterday when Jessie got home from Preschool...the first thing she said when she got in the door is "where is Ethan"....then ran to find him.  It was funny because she kept wanting to do everything Ethan was doing yesterday...I found her stuck in the exersaucer...she could get in but had a hard time getting out. She also got into the highchair...she even asked for some of his baby cereal...so cute.
I have used Ethan as a tool to get Markus and Jessie to listen and follow directions. I will say to them "show baby Ethan how good you eat" or "how quickly you can get dressed"...it is a handy strategy and it works every time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment