WARNING... This post may be long...I am not sure how long this recall of information and pictures is going to be so I may end up spreading it over a couple of posts. I am going to list the memories in chronological order from when Ethan was born.
1. Ethan's First Canada Day - July 1, 2010
Ethan was the ripe young age of 8 days old on Canada Day. Our neighbours (Chris & Andrea) hosted a Canada Day Party. A bunch of us gathered for friendship, food, a bonfire & when it was dark we enjoyed a fireworks display in the centre court infront of our house. I invited my nieces Emma & Avery and my sister in law Alison to join in on the fun...Nathan actually had to work nights so he only had time for a quick chat with the neighbours before he left for work (boo hoo).
Below are some pictures of Ethan's first celebratory holiday. I remember feeling so strange that day because I had a baby to care for...oh and my boobs killed (for all you breastfeeding moms you know what I mean...I was engorged and sore beyond belief)...my neighbours (the ladies) kept reassuring me that day that it would get better! I remember when Andrea sent out invitations about a month prior Nate and I wondered if Ethan would be here by Canada Day...We hoped he would since my due date was June 25th. It was so nice to have Ethan out of my belly and in my arms that day.
| Emma & Ethan on Canada Day |
| Happy Canada Day Ethan |
| Getting into the spirit |
![]() |
| Some of our neighbours |
![]() |
| Chris & Andrea...the hosts! See the food Andrea prepared below...she is amazing! |
![]() |
| Avery having fun with a sparkler... This picture is a little dark but Emma, Ethan, Winston, Miles and I are in the background. |
![]() |
| Chris was the fireworks engineer... It was a beautiful display! I was quite impressed! |
![]() |
| oohs & aahs from the crowd Ethan slept right through the loud bangs |
![]() |
| We had a great summer with our neighbours... We lucked out on a very friendly and fun neighbourhood. It was a frequent occurrence to hang out with the neighbours and enjoy summer bonfires! |
2. Ethan's First Halloween - Ethan, Shayna and I were visiting Joe & family in Edmonton during Halloween. I got Ethan's Halloween costume off of kijiji for $5...it was just darling...my cute little Dalmatian. The church had a trunk or treat on the Saturday (Oct 30) so we went to that. On Oct 31st we had a family night at home and handed out treats to the neighbourhood kids.
![]() |
| On the way to the trunk or treat |



![]() |
| Markus hyper at home after the trunk or treat! |
![]() |
| Jessie or should I say Dorthy with her "loot" |
![]() |
| Halloween Day...note the cute themed sleeper Ethan has on! |
![]() |
| The cousins on Halloween Day |
3. Ethan's First Big Snow Storm: On December 7, 2010 we ventured outside with Ethan after a snow storm...this is what it looked like outside.
| Ethan was bright eyed and curious about all the snow! |
![]() |
| Enjoying the snow with some neighbours Bonus: All of our neighbours have snow blowers...that saved us a lot of time! |
![]() |
| A picture with some of the neighbours |
OK I am going to stop there for tonight...it is passed my bedtime and Ethan just woke up...I still have Christmas and New Years to do...stay tuned! Goodnight and sleep tight!
















No comments:
Post a Comment