Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Am I one of those mom's"

     So I found myself saying something interesting to Nathan yesterday that I thought I would debrief about on this post.  Last night Nathan had the night off from work and we were hoping to go out on a hot date...so I got dressed up, put on some makeup and finished my look with jewelry and a splash of my new Christmas perfume (it is called "Sexual Sugar" and I love it...it smells soooooo good). Well it turned out that most of our family were out of town, sick or busy so we didn't have someone to watch our little guy. Therefore we ended up changing our intimate one-on-one date plans and made it into a family night with Ethan.  We were not the least bit disappointed about this because we love family time of course and as a bonus we were able to track down the final season of LOST from some friends (thanks Nick and Mallory). So our hot date night quickly turned into a fun night of pizza and LOST. Since we were dressed up and ready to hit the town we decided to drop by the mall for a stroll around. We didn't last too long at the mall...I looked at a camera that I am interested in purchasing, and took a little walk around to check out some of the latest fashions.  Soon after we were ready to go home to the comfort of our house and watch some LOST (I have been away for 3 weeks so we needed our fix).      
     Once home I found myself instantly heading upstairs to our bedroom to change out of my dress up clothing and into my comfy PJ's (as I always tend to do when I am at home).  Once I got upstairs I found myself looking in the mirror and thinking "I should get a picture with Ethan because I am actually dressed up nice."  I bolted down the stairs with the camera and said "Nate can you get a picture with me and Ethan." Nate was like "ok"...He obviously thought I was being random...I told him that I don't have many pictures with Ethan when I am actually dressed up..."I don't want Ethan to think I was one of those mom's."  After the picture I remember thinking to myself "am I really one of those moms?"  The type who let themselves go and stop putting effort into the way they look..."no I can't be."  For a moment I almost decided that I would keep my nice clothing on for our night at home just to prove that I am not "one of those moms"...I am sad to admit that this thought lasted two seconds and then I put on my comfies (I can't help it!)
     I have decided that if "I am one of those moms then I am proud to be one of those moms".... comfy clothes and no make up rule!!!! (However I think I need to get cuter PJ's...hahaha...my snowflake and plaid PJ's are a little lame!!!)

So this is the picture I got Nate to snap yesterday
As long as I clean up well and my husband loves me then I am ok with being
 "one of those moms"




1 comment:

  1. Aleccia, I love your blog! This post made me laugh, because I am for sure one of those moms. Right now I'm in my sweats, and I haven't even showered yet since going to they gym this morning, yikes! But I just love being comfy too much, especially when I'm pregnant!

    ReplyDelete