Friday, April 29, 2011

Ethan is 10 Months Old




My little peanut turned 10 months old this past week! 
WOW...It is hard for me to believe...
Yikes…This means I need to start planning his first birthday bash!
I thought this day would never come!
"Slow down life!"

Words to describe Ethan at 10 months include:  
Clever, quick, pleasant, hilarious, fun!
He is simply a fascinating little creature to me!

Ethan loves to crawl…
I must note that he is really fast on all fours...really fast! 
He is standing up all the time now…
He can walk if I hold his hands…
Nate has caught him letting go of furniture
and standing on his own a couple of times…
I have yet to see this!

Ethan is getting good at knowing his limits…which is so nice to see…
This has resulted in less falling and face planting!

Ethan has mastered the stairs…well going up anyhow…
I am trying to teach him how to go down…
but he isn’t being the finest student.
We will continue to work on this!

We now rely on baby gates in our home…
Props to the person who invented baby gates.
Oh but the gate has taken the paint off my wall...
Small sacrifice for safety of course!



Scary story…
Last week I didn’t realize the baby gate was down
and Ethan climbed the stairs by himself with no one watching.
The little stinker didn’t make noise until he reached the top…
When I heard my baby from upstairs my heart obviously dropped
as my mommy reflexes kicked in…
I was up the stairs and to him in a second flat!
When I got to him he had the proudest smile on…
Even though my heart was racing I was proud of him too!
More proud that he was in one piece that’s for sure…

Without a doubt Ethan’s favorite activity right now is...
Climbing Stairs!
Anytime he sees that the gate is down
he eagerly races  to the stairs and starts climbing…
If I would let him play on the stairs all day I am sure he would…

Recently we have regularly been playing a game...
 The game begins by Ethan climbing the stairs…
Once at the top, Ethan crawls back and forth in the upstairs hallway
as Nathan or I hide in the staircase to pop out at Ethan as he passes by…
It is obvious that Ethan anticipates us popping out
 because he slows his crawl to a dead halt
 just before he approaches the stairs…
Then he stretches his head to see us
with a big nervous grin on his face…
Once we pop out of the staircase,
he bolt away while happily shrieking and laughing.

We have played this game over and over…and over.!
Truthfully I thoroughly enjoy this  game also because
I get to hear Ethan's pure sweet entertaining laugh.
I can never get enough of hearing Ethan laugh!
It is hilarious and very entertaining!

Over the past couple of weeks I have introduced
Ethan to a lot of new foods including...
 Yogurt, egg yokes, beef stew, cheese, BBQ and Arrowroot cookies…
Feeding is so much easier now because Ethan is
able to eat solid food as long as I break it up into small
bite size pieces...Ethan loves to feed himself...It is great!
Even though he is still toothless he is doing really good
at chewing his food…He must have some mean gums!

Ethan is now a pro at taking naps and he sleeps well at night…
this makes life easier for mommy.
Ethan sleeps in his crib now.
I started the transition to the crib about a month ago since
I was nervous about him rolling or crawling off my bed at night.
The transition to his crib was easy and painless...
I do miss co sleeping with him but I think
we are both getting better sleeps now so I am OK with it...
and safety first, right?

Everyday I am amazed at how quickly Ethan is growing...
sometimes it makes me sad,
but most of the time it brings me so much joy!
Hmmmm...I wonder what month 11 will bring!!!!
Will Ethan be walking I wonder!

2 comments:

  1. I really dont know whats with babies and stairs, Landon loved them as well that part was always gated too cus i couldnt keep him off of there lol so exiting its time to start planning his bday good luck!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's 10 months already, that flew by! It's kind of sad when you're baby turns 1 because it feels like they're getting so big, but 12-18 months is one of my favourite ages!!

    ReplyDelete